Jul 30 2014 / Videos
The Evolution of Stakeholder Relationships on the Path to Zero Deforestation
Future 500′s President and CEO, Bill Shireman, moderated a panel discussion at Sustainable Brands 2014 on the evolution of stakeholder relationships towards the path to Zero Deforestation within the global supply chain. The session featured a unique lineup dissecting Avery Dennison’s sustainability journey over the last few years, a journey originally prompted by the company’s first hand experiences in Latin American rainforests with Rainforest Alliance as well as Greenpeace’s targeted activism against sourcing from Asia Pulp & Paper (APP). These experiences led Avery Dennison to develop a responsible paper sourcing policy with the guidance of The Rainforest Alliance.
Conversation from the group also focused on how APP has progressed its Zero Deforestation journey via the company’s Forest Conservation Plan. The individual panelists also shared their own stories, acknowledging that each of them moved from combative to collaborative approaches to ensure the protection of our global forests. The panel included Dean Scarborough, CEO of Avery Dennison; Tensie Whelan, President of The Rainforest Alliance; Amy Moas, Senior Forest Campaigner for Greenpeace; Aida Greenbury, Managing Director of Sustainability and Stakeholder Engagement for Asia Pulp & Paper; and Glenn Hurowitz, Managing Director of Climate Advisors.
- Aligning Power and Purpose to Protect Rainforests
- Assuming the Lead? Southeast Asia Increases Protection of its Tropical Forests
- Zero Deforestation as the New Norm: Tackling Climate Change One Sector at a Time
- Envisioning a Future with Less Doom and Gloom: Opportunities for the Next Generation of Optimists
- Video: The Vital Role of Activist Groups
- The Best of the Best in Stakeholder Engagement 2014
- All Eyes on the Forests: The New Norm of Zero-Deforestation